UNDERSTANDING CHILDREN’S ALLERGIES
WHAT IS A CHILDREN’S ALLERGY?
A condition of unusual sensitivity of a child to one or more substances, whether inhaled, swallowed, or come in contact with the skin. In sensitive individuals, contact with these substances can produce a variety of symptoms in varying degrees ranging from slight itching to swelling of the tissues and organs, mild runny nose to severe asthmatic attacks, general tiredness or fatigue to severe anaphylaxis. The ingested, inhaled or contacted allergen is capable of alerting the immune system of the body. The frightened and confused immune system then commands the white blood cells to produce immunoglobulins type E (IgE) to stimulate the release of the chemical defense forces like histamines from the mast cells. These chemical mediators are released as part of body’s immune response to the foreign substances and these chemicals produce abnormal physical, physiological symptoms in the sensitive person.
WHAT CAUSES ALLERGIES?
- Low Immune System
POSSIBLE BEFORE BIRTH ALLERGY SYMPTOMS
- Extreme Overactivity / Wiggling Or Moving Constantly In The Uterus
- Vigorous Kicking
- Mother’s Ribs May Be Bruised
WHAT ARE SOME COMMON ALLERGENS?
- Inhalants: pollens, flowers, perfumes, chemicals, dust, etc.
- Ingestants: food, drinks, vitamins, drugs, additives, etc.
- Contactants: fabrics, cosmetics, furniture, bed, toys, etc.
- Injectants: insect bites, injectable drugs, vaccinations
- Infectants: bacteria, virus, contact with infected persons
- Physical Agents: heat, cold, humidity, dryness, wind, etc.
- Genetic Agents: inherited illnesses or tendency from parents, grandparents and ancestors
- Molds and Fungi: yeast, candida, molds, parasites, etc.
- Emotional Factors: painful memories of various incidents from past to present
- Asthma, Bronchitis
- Bladder Problems
- Red Cheeks/Earlobes
- Dark Eye Circles or Bags
- Sensitivity to Sunlight
- Leg Aches or Calves and Feet May Burn
- A “Spaced-Out” Look
- Dislike Being Touched or Cuddled
- Excessive Clinging
- Coughing or Wheezing
- Excessive Fatigue
- Desire for a Craved Food
- Intestinal Complaints
- Recurrent Ear, Chest, or Sinus Infections
- Gums and Cheeks – ulcers or open sores on gums and inner cheeks
- Joint Stiffness
- Lips – rash, dry or swollen
- Nose Rubbing, Wiggling, or Picking
- Runny or Stuffy Nose
- Temper Tantrums or Whining
- Aggression – biting, hitting, kicking
- Dr. Jekyll/ Mr. Hyde Personality
- Refusal to Stay Dressed
- Speech – Stuttering or unclear
- Hives, Eczema, or Skin Rashes
- Sleep Problems -nightmares
- Excessive Thirst
- Behavior Problems
WILL CHILDREN GROW OUT OF THESE ALLERGIES?
The majority of children will continue to be allergic. Sometimes, the allergy will appear in another part of the body or manifest itself as a different symptom.
When children in infancy seem somewhat better around the age of one, a new and somewhat different medical or emotional problem will become evident. It is not unusual for this allergy to appear well tolerated when instead manifests itself as tantrums what is called the terrible two’s or three’s. Often later in life, these allergies may change to other complaints such as headaches, muscle or joint aches, then intestinal complaints.
ALLERGY ELIMINATION with NAET
NAET stands for Nambudripad’s Allergy Elimination Technique. It’s a natural, drugless, painless, non-invasive method that can be used safely from a one-day-old infant to anyone of advanced age. Allergens are cleared (treated) one at a time with this technique, and best results are obtained if allergens are cleared in a specific sequence. NAET is a powerful alternative in treating allergies and in offering a long-term success from allergies.
- Skin Conditions
- Chemical Sensitivities
- Chronic Fatigue
- Candida & More