1-877-222-9146 or 505-292-2222

Albuquerque, NM :: Boulder, CO :: Encinitas, CA :: San Luis Obispo, CA



“My 3-month-old daughter’s pediatrician recently diagnosed her with hip dysplasia, which meant that her left hip was not correctly seated in the bone socket. She had all of the obvious symptoms: an asymmetrical body, one leg was longer than the other one, there was “clicking” in her joint, she moved her legs differently (i.e., “incorrectly”), and she didn’t use her left leg as much as her right. As if there was any further evidence needed beyond the physical symptoms, hip dysplasia runs in my family—my brother and I both had to wear a harness (or body brace) for months when we were infants.

My pediatrician sent us to a pediatric orthopedic surgeon who confirmed that yes, my daughter did indeed have hip dysplasia. The surgeon ordered that an ultrasound be conducted within a few weeks.

Since Dr. Marilyn Chernoff had been such a blessing to my family in the past, I immediately went to her to see what she could do for my daughter. Dr. Chernoff treated her for a genetic miasm. In the following weeks, my daughter’s body alignment and movement visibly changed. When we went to the hospital for the ultrasound and follow-up, the surgeon could not remember why she had scheduled the appointment to see my daughter. Her exact words were, “Her hips are solidly in the socket and they look perfect.” Thank you again, Dr. Chernoff!


— Marjo and Siena


“Over the Christmas holiday, my 7-year-old started to have severe stomach pains after eating. She rarely complains, so if she says it hurts, then I know something is really wrong. After each meal and at night when she laid down, Sophia would complain that her stomach hurt under both ribs, all the way across her belly. She also had red spots on her tongue, but otherwise had no fever and no trouble going to the bathroom. (She cannot throw up due to a surgery she had as an infant to control acid reflux, so she can’t get rid of anything that way.) After almost a week of continuous pain and tears (I had hoped it was a virus which would go away), I contacted Dr. Chernoff and told her about Sophia’s symptoms.

Dr. Chernoff determined that my daughter’s problems were due to salmonella and treated her remotely (we live in Colorado and she was away on holiday vacation). Her diagnosis made me think back to all the holiday events we’d attended with food that had been left out for many hours, all the cookies we’d baked, all the raw dough Sophia had eaten, etc. After about 24 hours, Sophia was completely pain-free, even after eating. She thinks Dr. Marilyn is amazing, and so do I! I can’t even imagine how long it would have taken a pediatrician to diagnose Sophia’s problem, much less figure out a treatment that was pain-free.

Thank you so much, Dr. Marilyn, for all that you do!”


“Thank you so much for treating my knee! I fell very hard on it while snowboarding—so hard that the lens of my goggles popped out of my helmet. My knee felt like it was constantly being stabbed.

The ski patrol brought me down off the mountain to a small clinic where the doctor splinted my leg and told me that I might have broken a growth plate. He also said that if it was a growth-plate break, my knee wouldn’t swell up. Fortunately, it didn’t.

I laid in the clinic for six hours before returning home on the bus. The following day, you treated my knee and told me I was fine and that I had simply injured my tibial nerve and gastrocnemius muscle—I hadn’t broken any bones. An hour after that, I took a nap. When I woke up, my knee felt almost perfect. Two days later, my father was still so worried that he took me to the hospital, whereupon the staff took X-rays that confirmed—once again—it wasn’t a broken bone, probably just a nerve.

Thank you again!


— Sasha P., 13 yrs. old


“Just a note of sincerest thanks to let you know that Marko is 100% back to his old spunkster self! Good Lord, that bacteria’s (brucellosis) description was awful, and unfortunately it matched what Marko had been suffering from the past few days. Not this morning, though–he woke up feeling perfect and had a great day at school. The stages of that stuff were scary! Looking back, I’ve realized he’s been going through this for a while.

Tonight he was able to go to his gymnastics class and move around like usual! AMAZING!

Thank you for giving me my happy Energizer bunny back. I love what you do.


— Ann


“My little 2-year-old daughter started getting eczema on her legs. Her skin felt like fine sandpaper and her thighs were turning red–there was a clear line of demarcation where the redness ended at the leg of her cloth diaper. As her eczema worsened, she actually got welted/raised areas on her thighs that were very red and inflamed. She also had very bad areas on the backs of her hands and the inside of her wrists. She was always scratching—she even bit the insides of her wrists when they got really bad. As her skin worsened, so did her mood. She would have trance-like crying spells where she would throw herself on the floor and kick her feet while she screamed and cried. Nothing would bring her out of her fits—all I could do was let her cry. Strange little things would set her off, like if I chose the wrong outfit for her to wear or if I moved her plate closer to her while she was eating. If we tried to get her to play with us, she would resist—she only wanted to play if it was her choice. She clearly had poor control of her impulses when she had her crying spells (she would bite, hit and scratch when she was upset). Her frustration threshold was very, very low.

Not surprisingly, she was very clingy when she got upset—she wanted to be carried everywhere. “Up, mama, up,” she would say when she was upset…but when she did cheer up, she was very happy. It was all very Jekyll-and-Hyde.

She was also very picky about food. It was always the wrong food or the wrong amount. She would actually get so upset while eating that she would impulsively throw her fork or spoon—or even her glass of water—to get it away from herself. Then she would cry for the food that she just thrown away. Every meal was a nightmare.

Going to sleep was very difficult for her. She would lie down and very patiently try to fall asleep, but even though she would close her eyes and relax, it took hours for her to finally drift off. Once she fell asleep, though, she slept well.

Her bowel movements were VERY smelly and full of undigested food.

Finally, she had a huge long crying spell of 30 minutes or so. It was awful. She was absolutely hysterical; nothing I did could calm her down.

Dr.Marilyn Chernoff determined that the hormone melatonin was what was giving my daughter so much trouble. She treated her that day. In the morning I looked at my daughter’s skin and saw that although the eczema was still there, the previously-raised areas were completely flat. Her skin was no longer red, and she was scratching much less! That morning she ate breakfast without incident. She seemed calmer and happier and played with her sister without arguing. Her mood was much smoother all day—even though she was a bit fussy, she had no crying spells at all. That night she fell asleep so easily and quickly that I didn’t even have time to finish reading her a night-time story.

The next day her skin was smooth and much healed—he actually had soft skin in lots of places! The fine-sandpaper feel was gone. There was no redness and the little scabs had healed. She was only scratching occasionally. Her BM was much improved. She was eating foods again without incident as well as sitting happily with us at the table without fussing.

At the end of the second day, I noticed that I felt like something was missing. Oh yes, it was my 25-pound child—she hadn’t been in my arms all day. They felt empty, but in a good way.”

— Anonymous


“On Friday, Matthew, age 4, was carried into the office. He appeared very listless, with no energy. For three days, off and on stomach and intestinal distress. He was hardly eating anything.

I asked if there were any animals in the house. The father replied that there is a cat. This cat is normally a house cat, but of late has been staying outside a lot. I linked all the symptoms to a parasite called toxoplasmosis.

After the NAET treatment, Matthew walked wobbly down to one of the treatments rooms to wait his twenty minutes. Shortly after this time period he walked wobbly to the main desk and left shortly.

WRITE UP FROM FATHER: Matthew is on the road to recovery, thank you very much. He was still down most of the evening last night but was showing slow steady signs of improvement. He was doing better but was not completely back to himself. By the 25th hour he was about as normal as ever, out helping me pull weeds in the back yard.

Dr. Chernoff thanks for much for your time and concern.

Your abilities are truly remarkable!”

— Jim O.


“Thank you so much for treating my knee! I fell very hard on it while snowboarding—so hard that the lens of my goggles popped out of my helmet. The second it happened, my knee felt like it was constantly being stabbed; the ski patrol had to bring me down to a small clinic. At the clinic, the doctor told me that I might have broken a growth plate. He immediately put my leg in a splint. If it was a growth plate, he said, it wouldn’t swell up. It didn’t. I laid in the clinic for 6 hours before returning home on the bus. The following day you treated my knee and told me I was fine—I had just injured a tibial nerve and gastrocnemius muscle. No broken bones.

An hour after that, I took a nap…and when I woke up, my knee felt almost perfect. Two days later, my father was still so worried that he took me to the hospital. They took X-rays and once again confirmed that it wasn’t a broken bone—probably just a nerve.

Thank you again!


— Sasha P., 13 yrs. old


“It is with the greatest gratitude and respect that I recommend Dr. Chernoff. I have been taking my two daughters (ages 14 months and 4 years) to see her since January. It’s now July, and the changes in both girls have been nothing less than miracles.

Although both of my daughters are highly allergic and sensitive to their environment, it was the youngest—Arianna—whose issues led me to Dr. Chernoff and NAET. Arianna’s allergies manifested themselves outwardly with rashes, swelling, vomiting, difficulty breathing, and overall fussiness and anger. Sophia’s allergic reactions were more internal and involved stomach pain, chronic sinus and ear infections, and emotional outbursts. It was only after both girls were treated that I realized how much Sophia had also been reacting to her allergies.

Arianna’s (Aria’s) Story

My daughter Arianna is now 20 months old. She was my inspiration for trying NAET, and I’m happy to say that because of Dr. Chernoff’s work with her, she has made miraculous improvements. Aria’s reactions to allergies were predominantly external: she had rashes, severe eczema and cradle cap, swelling of the face, hands and feet, irritability and restlessness, acid reflux, vomiting, and breathing difficulties. Although we did not have to carry an Epi-Pen, she was on a daily dose (or more) of Benedryl and was in constant discomfort. I had taken her to see several pediatricians for her issues; they recommended dermatologists, who in turn recommended using hydrocortisone cream on a regular basis. This was the only advice I was given aside from their opinion that she would most likely “outgrow” her problems.

Her allergic reactions came on suddenly despite my efforts to maintain her diet. At one point, for example, I used a lip balm that contained shea butter (which turned out to be one of her allergies) and later unthinkingly dipped the finger I’d used to apply the lip balm into her nightly bottle (to test the heat). Within 15 minutes, she was having trouble breathing; she vomited several times until my husband and I were able to get her to swallow some Benedryl and keep it down. After this experience, my pediatrician recommended allergy testing even though she wasn’t yet two years old.

Aria was allergy tested by an allergist in January. The results were severe allergies to dairy and eggs and moderate allergies to soy, wheat, gluten, corn, nuts, fish, and citrus fruits. The allergist recommended an elimination diet, Benedryl whenever she needed it, and hydrocortisone cream for skin reactions. He gave me a website to consult for recipes and recommended we come back when she was two to see if she might have outgrown any of the allergies. As I contemplated what I would feed my daughter, I felt desperate and depressed. What in the world was I to make for her and how could we ever eat socially again?

A few weeks later, Dr. Nambrudipad’s book Say Goodbye to Allergies found its way into my hands. I read the entire book in one night, then jumped online and ordered her other books. When I looked through her website, I saw there were links to local practitioners. I found Dr. Chernoff and was thrilled to see her credentials and how up-to-date she was on all of the workshops and NAET information. I emailed her and received a call from her assistant Nancy the very next day. After speaking with Nancy and learning that there was non-invasive, effective help available, I wanted to cry. Up until then, no one had offered me any lasting solutions; suddenly, though, I felt a ray of hope.

As soon as I met with Dr. Chernoff, I knew my girls were in good hands. She was kind, knowledgeable, and sure that the treatments would work. During the first treatment, Aria broke out in a terrible rash from head to toe; she cried and was fretful and angry for 24 hours. After the treatment, though, all of these side effects went away. One by one, we have treated Aria for the major allergy groups and her specific problems. Every time we have done a treatment for her, she breaks out in a rash and experiences severe emotional responses such as anger, fussiness, hitting, and crying…but once her body has cleared the item, all of the reactions go away. It has truly been remarkable. She can now eat bread and eggs, drink milk, and eat corn and fish. After several more of the major treatments, I have no doubt that Aria will be able to eat almost anything she wants. She has become a happy, busy toddler with beautiful clear skin and bright eyes. It is a miracle!

Most recently, I took her in for her 18-month appointment. Because I had missed her 15-month appointment, she was given three vaccinations: a double dose for polio, one for whooping cough, and one for DTP. Because of Dr. Chernoff’s advice, I asked the nurses to give me the shot casings from the vaccinations in case Aria had an allergic reaction to one or more of them. Other than the common bump at the site of the DTP shot, though, Aria seemed to be fine for the first few days. Then things began to get bad. She was angry and fussy at night, often screaming for hours on end; I had no way of consoling her. Then she got a temperature and became drowsy, lethargic, and fussy. This was almost two weeks after the vaccinations, however, so I didn’t think the two events were connected…but when I told Dr. Chernoff about Aria’s state, she immediately said it was due to the vaccinations.

The following Saturday, I took both girls to the Boulder office to see Dr. Chernoff. My step-mother accompanied me to help with the girls as they took turns getting their treatments. I had put the shot casings from the vaccinations in a glass jar in my backpack. As we drove to the office, I took the jar out of the pack to get something for Sophia; aftewards, I put the jar on the car seat next to me. In the back seat, Aria began to cry. She screamed the rest of the way to Boulder (20 minutes away).

Once we were in Dr. Chernoff’s office, Dr. Chernoff muscle-tested me for the vaccinations. I got extremely weak in response. I also realized that Aria’s emotions were tied to the reaction she’d gotten from the shots…and that she was feeling intense anger at the vaccinations themselves. (I’d been sensing her shift in emotions ever since she’d received the shots but hadn’t been able to explain them.) Her anger had, in fact, become blatant hostility.

Dr. Chernoff treated Aria for the vaccinations. (The polio vaccine in particular was affecting her brain.) Then Dr. Chernoff placed the shot casing and samples on Aria’s body. For the next 20 minutes, Aria screamed at the top of her lungs. (My step-mother held her so I could participate in Sophia’s treatment.) After 20 minutes, when I went to get Aria from my step-mother, she was still screaming, her body rigid and covered in sweat. When Dr. Chernoff took the casings off Aria’s body, she literally growled at them; Dr. Chernoff put them away, out of her energy field. After a few minutes, Aria was completely fine—she was happy, talking, and running about the office playing with toys as if nothing had ever happened. Over the next 24 hours, she went from being completely peaceful to detoxing intensely. She threw up four times that night and was sick for much of the following day. After the 24 hours, she went back to being her happy, sweet self, sleeping well, eating well, being fully healthy.

After this experience, I had Sophia treated for her five-year vaccinations (polio, MMR and DTAP). Dr. Chernoff treated Sophia in advance for them and Sophia was sick for the full 24 hours. When she got the shots the following week, however, she had no side effects and did not get sick from them at all. I learned so much during this experience about needing to prevent the reaction and stress of the vaccinations in advance by having the girls treated for the specific vaccinations!

Sophia’s Story

Sophia was born three months premature and therefore had to make it through many challenges common to the NICU experience, including a blood transfusion, a month on a ventilator, and acid reflux so severe she suffered from bradychardia, a brief spell of non-breathing during which she would turn blue and would only “come back” if we patted and rubbed her back, face, and feet.

Dealing with acid reflux was the last hurdle before she came home. We had tried all of the common pharmaceutical options (i.e., Prilosec) to no avail. The final option was a surgical procedure called a Nissen fundalplication. This surgery ends the acid reflux and avoids the need for a permanent feeding tube by wrapping the stomach around the esophagus. After the surgery, as the stomach fills, it closes off the esophagus and prevents the reflux from shooting up the tube. The procedure was successful; afterwards, Sophia only had to endure a feeding tube for six weeks. Within two years, she could burp, but she still is unable to vomit and may never be able to. The reflux is gone, however.

Sophia started seeing Dr. Chernoff in January. We went through the common 15 treatments and then began to do treatments for specific allergy groups. Sophia had suffered from recurring colds, which often led to sinus and bronchial issues and culminated in ear infections (which were then treated with antibiotics). By the age of three, she was often having to go two to three rounds of antibiotics for each infection and was on a daily dose of Pulmicort and Albuteral. She had a nebulizer for her lungs and cough. The doctors “anticipated” that she would suffer from asthma due to the lung problems she had suffered as a premie. We were advised to give her nebulizer treatments every day throughout the winter season for preventive care.

Dr. Chernoff explained to us that Sophia’s allergies were affecting her stomach, ear, and sinus areas. The allergies would trigger the rounds of cold, cough, ear infection and the ever-present stomach pain. I had come to expect Sophia to say “my belly hurts” after every meal and assumed it was due to her fundalplication. Only after we had completed many of the treatments did I hear her say after dinner one night, “Mommy! My belly doesn’t hurt!” I asked her if it bothered her most of the time, and she said, “Oh yes, it always hurts after I eat.”

After so many treatments, I have started to see the connection between what Sophia eats and how her body reacts to that food—often, that reaction happens within minutes. She would eat wheat bread and within minutes her nose would be running. She would eat dairy of any sort and within minutes she would be coughing. I always expected her belly to hurt. You would think I would have noticed this, but it was just part of her daily behavior and I had no idea it was something that could be cured.

Now I can take Sophia to a typical birthday party and she can eat the pizza and cake and not end up with an ear infection two weeks later. She is no longer allergic to wheat, dairy, soy, food additives and colors, nuts, and sugar. She no longer needs the nebulizer and has not had a single ear infection since completing the treatments.

As the girls have gone through the treatments, it’s been fascinating to observe the side effects and then watch them disappear after the treatment is completed. I have watched them both get rashes, feel as though they had the flu, have earaches and nosebleeds, and behave in all sorts of extreme ways during the treatment period. Throughout this process, the connection between behavior problems and food/environmental allergies has become painfully obvious to me.

For example, when Dr. Chernoff treated both girls for turkey, Sophia had a bloody nose off and on all day long and complained constantly about her ear hurting they way it did when she had an ear infection. Arianna broke out in a rash over both legs, from her knees to her feet. Both girls were moody and grumpy, tired and fussy. At the end of the treatment period, however, the nosebleeds stopped and the ear pain and rash went away. Both girls were peaceful and easy to be with. All of those reactions were connected to the turkey/serotonin treatment. Now they can both eat turkey without any side effects.

I know the investment I’ve made in these treatments for my girls will ensure that they live long and healthy lives, full of pleasure in eating whatever they choose and having the freedom the ability to express themselves in their own way rather than through the lens of allergy-caused behavioral problems.”

— Kerren B.
Westminster, CO